of Com.Purusotham JTO (internal), Krishnagiri expired today. SNEA(I) / DPI expresses heart felt
condolences to his bereaved family members. Funeral on 28-01-2015 at Kuppam, AnderaPradesh.20.01.2015
Dear Comrades, Shri. Kala Chandar Father of our beloved SNEA District President Dharmapuri Shri K.Vidhyasagar passed away today i.e on 20.01.2015 at Papparapatti. SNEA(I), DPI conveys its deep condolences to the
bereaved family members. Cremation will be held tommorow (21.01.2015) at 10 am.
JAO to AO DPC: The promotion orders of JAO to AO are being issued shortly (either today
evening or on Monday) after getting the approval of Dir (HR). Our CHQ has
pursued for their postings in the same circle and agreed to be done to the
extent of vacancies available in the respective circle. About 1550 promotions are
expected. Approx- 1260- OC candidates ( Up to 2006), 205- SC and 85 – ST
candidates (Up to 2010)will be covered for the rectt. Year 2006 for OC and 2010
Firm and timely intervention of the association has ensured the appropriate
representation of SC / ST comrades. JAO of 2010 batch will also get promotion
in this list as strongly pursued by our CHQ.
JTO to SDE Promotion:
OA in Hon.CAT Ernakulam against JTO to SDE promotion Dismissed. This will pave way for promotion of JTOs to SDEs under seniority quota.
OUR HEARTIEST THANKS TO CHQ & KERALA COMRADES, FOR THEIR INCESSANT EFFORTS FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS TO WIN ..... Now it is our bounden duty to send ACRs to Corp.Office / BSNL immediately.
Lunch Hour demonstration of United forum was conducted in very enthusiastic manner in the following places Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri, Hosur, Uthangarai and Harur. All the Members and leaders of United Forum were participated in the program.
Manifesto for membership verification
A thought for unity – a vote for SNEA(I)
Afree country without the chains of slavery cuffed on to the hands and legs, nay, the heart of every single citizen is the dream of a patriot. Our own beloved country, which was under the imperial occupation of the foreigners since long, also, thirsted for SNEA(I) is not just an Association, it is a movement which traversed and transformed from TESA to SNEA(I). This outfit has its set goals with the major objective focussed on striving for the welfare of Executives in BSNL, without shifting its concentrated concern on the survival of BSNL. The history of SNEA(I) is synonymous with the history of the JTO cadre, from ESP to JE and then JE to JTO, Group C to Group B gazetted and finally the Executive in BSNL. Along with the change of designation of the cadre, pay scales and status, the name of the Association also changed from TESA to
freedom. And our forefathers, spirited, valiant and determined, as they were, dreamt this dream, fought for this dream and
earned this dream, though after prolonged, courageous and unrelenting struggle. This unquenching thirst for freedom that filled and flowed over from the heart of every patriot was, perhaps, best, demonstrated by the Telecom Engineers of the country. Their ardent desire to fight against oppression, harassment and injustice brought them together under a common platform. Even
before the valiant freedom fighters of the country wrested out a well-deserved Independence, the Telecom Engineers formed an Association to stand for them, fight for them and win for them. Yes, the Telephone Engineering Supervisors' Association (TESA) was born in 1946. And it is this great legacy that the SNEA carries forward. No wonder that it is still this Association that
represents the united, common will of the Executive community. And it rightly had to be the hands and minds of the SNEA that thought out and worked out the demand for a referendum. Its consistent demands ultimately compelled the Management to notify membership verification among Executives Associations on 16.06.2014. As per schedule the membership verification will
commence on 10.12.2014 through secret voting. Unlike in other CPSUs, where a single Association represents the entire Executives, in BSNL, several Associations exist. One of the major objectives of membership verification is to end this multiplicity and bring about unity among the Executives. Multiple Associations will only strengthen the hands of the Management and delay
or deny the genuine cadre interests. That is precisely what we have been witnessing during the last several years.
JETA(I), JETA(I) to JTOA(I), JTOA(I) to TEOA(I) and finally to SNEA(I). The fortunes and the future of the cadre changed drastically for the better consequent on the series of struggles staged by our senior comrades in the banner of JETA(I) / JTOA(I) / TEOA(I)/ SNEA(I).
To face the membership verification, SNEA(I), has come out with a Manifesto which clearly spells out the vision and
mission of the Association and outlines the future agenda of the Association.
Some of the milestones in this journey for the last 3 decades are:
1. Upto 31st Dec 1985 (3rd CPC), the pay scale of JE's (Junior Engineer) was Rs.425-15-700, a pay scale lower than that of JAOs and even selection grade RSA/PIs. After a series of struggles during 1983 to 1987, the JE/Telecom cadre was distinguished from JEs of other central departments based on the work study conducted by NPC and re-designated as Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) and the pay scale was upgraded from Rs 1400-40-2700 to Rs1640-60-2900 from 1st Jan 1986 (4th CPC recommended only Rs.1,400/- for JEs). Upgradation of the pay scale of JE cadre from 1400-2700 to
1640-2900 and its re designation as (JTO) to distinguish it from JEs of other central govt. departments was a historical decision taken by the Union Cabinet, recognizing the strategic significance of the JTO cadre. Consequently, our Association was also renamed from JETA(I) to JTOA(I).
2. In 1988, the TES Group B recruitment rules for promotion from JTO to TES Gr B were amended from “Selection” to “Seniority cum fitness”, thereby reducing the usual droppings in DPCs from 30% to practically “nil”.
3. Another historical struggle organized jointly by JTOA(I) and TESA in the 1990 paved the way for yet another landmark breakthrough in terms of introduction of scheme of lateral advancement or time bound financial upgradation for JTO and TES Gr B cadres i.e JTO got TES Gr scale and TES Gr B got JTS scale after completion of 12 years. This mechanism was introduced only in DOT as far as Central Govt. departments were concerned. This decision was also taken by the Union Cabinet.
4. JTOA(I) rose to the occasion to prevent reversion of 550 SDEs to JTO cadre in 1992-93 because of breakdown of TES Group B RRs. Instead, the association struggled painstakingly to promote 8000 JTOs to TES Gr B to prevent reversion of 550 TES Gr B.
5. Untiring and sustained efforts of JTOA(I) by having continuous interactions with officials of Vth CPC and providing critical inputs to it like recommendations of National Productivity Council on the job profile of JTO cadre eventually resulted in Vth CPC recommending Group B Gazetted status and upgradation of pay scale of JTO cadre. The pay scale was upgraded from Rs 5500--9000(pre-revised 1640-60-2900) to Rs(6500-10500) w.e.f 1st Jan 1996. Upgradation of pay scale of entry cadre of JTO also resulted in the upward revision of pay scales of TES Gr B in DoT. Consequent upon this historical breakthrough, JTOA(I) was converted to TEOA(I) to enable TES Gr B and Gr Aalso to take membership.
6. Elevation of JTO(Telecom) from Gr C to Gr B gazetted in 1996 paved the way for absorption of JTO cadre as Executive in BSNL.
7. During 1998 to 2000, about 9,500 JTOs got promoted as SDEs.
8. When BSNL was constituted on 01.10.2000, TEOA(I) tirelessly fought, both legally and organizationally, for absorption on declared terms and conditions (like pay scales, fitment formula & promotion policy) and thus defeated sinister move of the Management to absorb us by offering Rs 2000 and not defining our basic service conditions in BSNL. After IDApay scales were finalized and offered by BSNL Management, TEOA(I) along with BSNL EA, launched Country wide struggle for about ten days in Nov.,2002 , demanding improvement in the IDA scales offered by BSNL. Eventually through a
negotiated settlement, mid scales of E1Aand E2Awere finalized and E1Ascale was extended to JTOs recruited by BSNL also since initially BSNL Management took a position that negotiated pay scale of E1Awould be extended to JTOs getting absorbed in BSNL from DOT and not to JTOs recruited by BSNL. This stand of the Management was sternly turned down by TEOA(I) which took the stand that E1Ahas to be extended to all JTOs, regardless of whether they are getting absorbed from DOT or are recruited by BSNL.
9. BSNLstarted direct recruitment of JTOs in BSNLas demanded by the Association.
10. Through sustained struggle, the terms and conditions for absorption such as (1) E1A, E2A - E3 - E4 - E5 - E6 pay scales for the Executives (BSNL offered E1, E2, E3 ---, E6), (2) five time bound promotions between 4 & 6 years of service (earlier in DoT, only two TBPs) and (3) point to point fixation, were finalised in 2002-03 and simultaneously Association ensured that the pay scales and promotion policies are equally applicable for the BSNL recruits also. Thus Association ensured through appropriate and timely legal action and sustained organizational struggle that executives got absorbed in BSNL after their basic and legitimate service conditions like pay scales, promotion policy and fitment criterion were clearly spelt out in the terms and conditions of absorption.
11. TEOA(I) and BSNLEAmerged together at Kanyakumari in 2003 and formed SNEA(I).
12. Payment of EPF contribution @12% of the emoluments was worked out without the ceiling of Rs 6500/-: From 2001 to 2005, the EPF contribution was a fixed amount of Rs 780/- (12% of Rs 6500) for BSNL recruits irrespective of the emoluments (Basic + IDA). After continuous efforts and persuasion by this Association, the EPF contribution was enhanced to @12% of the emoluments (Basic + IDA) without ceiling, with retrospective effect from the date of joining in 2001 or 2002. BSNL Management agreed and Board approved it on 11.07.2005 and orders were finally issued on 12.08.2005.
13. SNEA(I) took the lead and was in the forefront of the struggles with other Unions/Associations against continuation of deputation of ITS officers in BSNL.
14. In 2006, SNEA(I), alone in BSNL, participated in the “stay out strike” for two days, along with other CPSUs like NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, HPCL, SAIL etc. demanding 50% IDA merger with basic and the demand was finally met when 2nd PRC gave interim recommendation to merge 50% IDAwith basic for CPSUs and govt accepted the recommendation.
15. Time Bound promotion policy was formulated after strenuous and sustained efforts by the Association to get stringent attendant conditions considerably toned down, seeking intervention of then Secy/DOT, and orders were finally issued on 18.01.2007, thus paving the way for implementation of best promotion policy available in any CPSU which ensures 5 time bound promotions from JTO/JAO to SG JAG between 4 to 6 years in a span of maximum 26 years of service. Prior to this mechanism, in DOT there was scheme of lateral advancement for JTOs and TES Gr B after completion of 12 years.
16. Association fought against unbundling of copper cable and arbitrary phasing out of ADC charges without adequate compensation to BSNL.
17. The Association was always in the forefront to protect the interests and growth of BSNL. SNEA(I) started the struggle against GSM tender cancellation in 2007 by the then Telecom Minister Sri A. Raja. All the Unions/Associations, in BSNL, subsequently joined the struggle to stall the cancellation of tender to procure 45.5 m GSM lines.
18. Association ensured smooth and expeditious implementation of 2nd PRC recommendations. BSNLwas the first CPSU to implement 30% fitment.
19. Landmark breakthrough in the career growth of the Executives in BSNL was achieved when BSNLMS R/R 2009 was finalized. Critical features of RRs are 1) JTS bottle neck broken and direct promotion from SDE to DE, 2) 50% STS (DE/CAO) posts earmarked for promotion directly from SDE/AOs, remaining 50% for adhoc promotions and 3) External MT quota reduced from 100% to 25%, which ensured smooth career progression for the Executives. As a result, now the Executives are getting functional promotions up to DGM, and, in future, they can eye for promotions to GM cadre also.
20. In 2009, for the first time in the history of BSNL and DOT, SDE/Adoc DEs were promoted as regular DEs and then to DGMs.
21. In 2010, 2710 SDEs were promoted as DE on Adhoc basic and 1571 on regular basis.
22. SNEA(I) took the lead and struggled with other Unions/Associations against deputation of ITS in BSNL. Union Cabinet decided to complete the absorption process in BSNL/MTNL. The vacant posts in various cadres in BSNL are exclusively earmarked for the absorbed/recruited employees of BSNL. The unabsorbed ITS officers will not get any promotion on BSNLposts.
23. The deployment of unabsorbed ITS officers in BSNL for the next 10 years legally challenged by SNEA(I), along with BSNL EU and AIBSNLEA.
24. Historic struggle for 78.2% IDAmerger in which SNEA(I) played a crucial role in mobilizing other Unions and Associations for reaching a negotiated settlement with BSNL Management and further pursued with BSNL, DOT and BRPSE for its implementation.
25. Between 2001 and 2013, 18,970 JTOs promoted as SDEs in BSNL.
26. In 2012 & 2013, 120 DEs promoted as DGMs, 1700 SDEs promoted as DE (Adhoc) and 601 SDE/Adhoc DEs promoted as DEs on Regular basis.
27. Continuous efforts of the Association to end the Adhoc promotions resulted in the amendment of BSNLMS RR earmarking 75% STS posts exclusively for "Regular promotion from SDEs" and remaining 25% STS(DE) posts for MTs thereby ending Adhocism.
28. Serious efforts are underway to promote around 3200 JTOs as SDEs, 2710 SDE/Adhoc DEs were promoted as DEs on Regular basis and 480 DEs are likely to be promoted as Adhoc DGMs in the near future.
29. Another area where our Association has been focussing since formation of BSNL is the financial viability of BSNL and consistent improved growth of the Company. Association recognised that this is an area where more focus and attention is required in future also. SNEA(I) has been and is struggling against the policies of the govt, struggling for professionalism in the management to introduce radical reforms, modern and transparent innovative procurement mechanisms, proper monitoring of quality of services, enforcing a new work culture and discipline in the company.
30. Refund of BWA spectrum: SNEA(I) initiated and vigorously pursued at all levels for the surrender of obsolete BWA spectrum and refund of the spectrum charges. Finally the Govt agreed to refund the BWA spectrum charges of Rs 6574 Crore to BSNL.
31. The illegal 3G roaming by private operators in the name of “Intra Circle Roaming agreement” was challenged by SNEA(I) in the Hon Delhi High Court through Writ petition. BSNL and DoT started acting against the private operators only after notices were issued to DOT in response to writ petition filed by this Association.
32. Payment of pension contribution on actual basic pay instead of maximum of the pay scale was pursued by SNEA(I) and we got favourable response from DoPT etc.
33. Assn is having a unique Welfare scheme for its members: Payment of Rs 1,00,000/- (Rs.One lakh) to the family of our deceased Comrade. ?
34. Constructed many SNEA Bhavans with the contribution from members at the following prime locations for the comfort of the members and their families: New Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkatta, Hyderabad, Tirupati, Gauwhati, Trivandrum, Bhopal, Dehradun, Jaipur, Bhubaneswar, Lucknow, Ernakulam.
35. SNEAhas successfully fought a number of court cases/ legal battles to safeguard the interests of its members.
THE VISION OF SNEA(I) SNEA(I) is fully committed to the growth of the company and the career progression of the Executives. Our agenda and
focus for the next three years is as follows.
1. Make the organization fully profitable in another three years. Intervene in Government policy making with appropriate suggestions to protect the public sector against intrusion, disinvestment and encroachment and by this to ensure job security to the young comrades recruited by BSNL and DoT.
2. Emphasis to be laid on modern Management with greater role and involvement of the middle management.
3. A responsible, professional and corruption-free top management which has stakes in the welfare of the Company and only the Company. Deputation of ITS from DoT into BSNL should end. Legal and organizational actions will be pursued vigorously.
4. No subsidiaries by breaking BSNL into pieces.
5. Start preparations for 3rd PRC due in 2017, fully focusing on the growth of the company.
6. Implementation of 30% superannuation benefits in respect of Direct Rect BSNL employees and Executives in particular as per DPE guidelines.
7. Implementation of standard pay scales of E2, E3, ----, E7 w.e.f 01.01.2007 for the Executives in BSNL. The disparity in pay between the Executives recruited prior to and after 01.01.2007 to be resolved.
8. To fill up all the vacancies in all cadres as on date by promotion from JTO/JAO to SDE/AO, SDE/AO to DE/CAO, DE/CAO to DGM in different wings through DPCs and LDCEs till Time Bound Functional promotion is implemented.
9. Introduction of LDCE in AO promotions also. Conduct of LDCE on year to year basis till Time Bound Functional promotion is implemented.
10. Introduction of Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy in BSNL with strong focus on performance. It should not be linked with existing seniority or availability of posts. Evolve a fast track mechanism in CPSU cadre hierarchy itself for faster promotions to fill up the Top management positions in future from among the internal candidates.
11. Resolution of EPF anomalies, centralized EPF payment at least Region wise, exploring the possibility of switching over to “Full Pension option”.
12. Association stands fully committed to safeguard legitimate interests of SC/ST Comrades in accordance to the provisions of the constitution and orders of DOP&T issued from time to time with regard to their seniority, promotional quota, postings etc.
13. All consequential benefits of 78.2% IDA merger from 01.01.2007 like HRA, PUC, arrears etc. for the pensioners, actual benefits from 01.01.2007.
14. Amendment of BSNLMS RR to end adhocism by increasing the Regular promotion quota from 50% to 75% in Finance / Civil / Electrical/ Arch wings at par with the Telecom wing to have uniformity in promotions.
15. Pension revision in 2017 without linking it with pay revision. Pension contribution on the basis of the actual pay instead of the maximum of the pay scale.
16. Maintain uniformity in first time bound up-gradation i.e. four years in respect of all Executives w.e.f 01.10.2000.
17. Amendment to BSNLMS RR for bringing uniformity in promotion in Civil / Electrical/ Arch wings at par with Telecom and Finance wings.
18. Total parity in pay scales between the two wings- Civil/Elect/Arch/TF and Finance by extending Group B pay scales notionally w.e.f 01.10.2000 to JTO(C/E/Arch/TF) and SDE (C/E/Arch/TF) on lines similar to JAO pay scales.
19. Notional date of promotions to the LDCE candidates as per court order.
20. Regularization of officiating JTOs and JTO rect, both Dept & Outsider quota.
21. TTAto JTO (Dept) outsider, pay loss to be addressed.
22. Perks like Transport allowance to be hiked and All India LTC, Medical payment without voucher etc to be reintroduced.
23. Settlement of long pending pay anomalies i) Pay fixation as per FRSR during officiating promotion on implementation of TBP ii) Antedating of increment iii) Senior drawing less pay than Junior after promotions.
The purpose of the verification process is that it should ultimately lead to unity of all Executives. Present multiplicities, that serves only to aid and abet the interests of the Management should totally come to an end. The quest for unity has been mooted and fostered by the JTOA and other well-meaning Associations, which has fructified and culminated in the formation of SNEA with a vast majority of the executives coming under its banner. The legacy of this Association dates back to the beginning of organized movements in the erstwhile P&T Dept. And the result of such coming together
is there for all to see. Nobody can dilute it or hide it because it has been the beacon shining in all directions. Our predecessors have handed over this shining torch to us. We cannot betray them. On the contrary, we should and will do justice to each drop of sweat and blood that they have shed for us- for the posterity. That we know requires hard work – hard work that include struggles, sweat and even blood. And that is what they have taught us not by precepts but by practice -yes, practice unparalleled, never found in any other book but in the book that was written only by them in their own inimitable style. Be sure that this is not for the weak-hearted.
If you believe that you have the right mettle, right fiber or at least the right inclination, jump on to the bandwagon -come let us write history on the murals of time and defeat the divisive forces that play into the hands of the authorities. You will be remembered not for flattering the Management but for fighting on the side of the common Executive.
Your vote can be decisive Are you on the right side Examine your conscience Exercise your franchise
Our DS Electrical wing Com.S.Eazhil Killi‘s Father Mr.N.Sivalingam Rtd Postmaster, CTo ,Vellore Expired today. SNEA(I), DPI conveys its deep condolences to the bereaved family members.
BSNL Day will be observed by performing one hour additional work. Half an hour in
the morning before duty hours and half an hour in the evening after the duty
hours by wearing the badges. This program is announced in support of our demand for standard
pay scales of E2, E3 etc, 30% superannuation benefit, JTO/JAO to SDE/AO
promotion, CPSU cadre hierarchy, pay anomalies, 1st TBP after 4
years, Civil/Elect/Arch/TF issues, retention of DEs etc.
Make wide publicity among the Executives and make it a grant success.
Badge listing the demands can be printed locally
Nigam Executives’ Association(India)
01.10.2014: One hour additional work
1. Standard pay
scales of E2, E3 etc.
3. JTO/JAO to
4. Implement CPSU
5. Settle pay
6. 1st TBP after
7. Settle Civil/Elect/Arch/TF
8. Retention of
Our District president Com.K.VITHYASAGAR will be relieved on 26/09/2014 to Bihar circle on his Promotion to AGM. SNEA(I), Dharmapuri wishes him successful and prosperous carrier growth. For our comrade , We have sent off Function at GM office Recreation club, Dharmapuri on 26/09/2014. Everybody requested to attend the function with out fail.
In order to
extend support to the agitation, the following programmes shall be observed at
Circle and SSA level. All Circle/SSA Secretaries to make all out preparations. Each
and every Comrade of SNEA(I) must participate with toughest determination to
defeat sinister attack to destabilize SNEA(I).
Sept: 2014: Massive Lunch hour demonstration at all Circle
and SSA HQs.
Sept and 01st October, 2014: Massive
Relay Hunger strike at all Circle HQs.
The Indefinite fast at
BSNLCO and CO/Trivandrum will continue.
Our CHQ Treasurer com.R.Rajan‘s Father, Shri. M. Ranganathan Expired today (23-09-2014) early morning 2:30 Hrs. Funeral tomorrow (24-09-2014) 9:00AM at Erachakulam near Nagercoil.
SNEA(I) conveys its deep condolences to the bereaved family members
the left out list of D.E.Regular promotion is released today.for the list please visit CHQ site. in our SSA OUR District President COM. K. Vidhyasagar got the regular AGM promotion
we got re allotment order for our Com.M.Maheshwaran D.E. , DPI to Tamilnadu circle. Thanks to our Circle and CHQ leaders.
SNEA(I) strongly protests against the arbitrary move of the Management to fill up few
AO posts, keeping aside large no of AOvacancies Unfilled. According to the proposal, the JAOs of 2003 and 2004 year only will be considered for promotion now, where
as more than 1800 vacancies are very much available. SNEA(I) strongly demands that all the 1800plus AO vacancies are to be filled up immediately witheligible JAOs as on Date,and We have taken up the case very strongly.At the same time,SNEA(I),TN Circle will notcriticize any body Unnecessarily and We are always committed to complete our Task with our fullest DEDICATION and We will be onlyDEFENSIVE not OFFENSIVE
In DE promotion the vacancies were considered up to
2013-14. And in the JTO to SDE promotion also, first the management was
considered vacancies up to 2010 only. But due to the effort of SNEA (I), the
vacancies up to 2013-2014 is included.
Where as in the case of JAO to AO promotion, the
management is still reluctant to consider vacancies up to date. SNEA is
strongly protest this kind of activity of the administration and is fighting to
include vacancies up to date. So all the eligible JAO will be promoted to AO.
Promotion is the legitimate right of the employee. SNEA is
on fight to get to the JAO’s.
SNEA JINDABAD! OFFICER
ACCOUNTS JINDABAD! SNEA JINDABAD!!
On behalf of SNEA(I),DPI SSA ,We pay our Heartfelt condolences to our Com.M.MAHESHWARAN D.E. urban , Dharmapuri, who lost his father yesterday. -DS/DPI SSA.
OUR Association served Trade Union Action notice to Management
Trade Union Programmes
03.09.2014: Postcard campaign by Circles/SSAs/Branches.
11.09.2014: Wearing black badges and holding Lunch Hour
Demonstration at CHQ, Circle / SSA HQs.
18.09.2014: Massive one day Dharna at CHQ, CIRCLE/SSA HQs.
Further course of Trade Union actions, if required, will be intimated in due course. We reiterate our keen and firm resolve to maintain industrial peace provided Management is keen, serious and honest to address the issues amicably through painstaking discussions. Persistent breach of commitments to resolve issues is forcing us to take recourse to this highly unfortunate step at this stage when the Company is in dire straits.
On behalf of SNEA(I),TN Circle We thank our CHQ for including our issue in the CHARTER OF DEMANDS,and at the same time,We request all of our Comrades should stand like a ROCK behind our CHQ in the ensuing AGITATION and make it a grand success. - CS/TN.
The lunch hour demonstration regarding M/S deolitte was conducted successfully. all union and association have participated the demonstration except AIBSNLEA.
Kindly Participate in Lunch Hour Demonstration at GM Office Bharathipuram, Dharmapuri at 1.30 pm. All india Call by SNEA and other Unions of JAC in protest against recommendations of M/S Deolitte on restructuring of BSNL.
Implementation of standard pay scales of E2, E3,……. E7
replacing the intermediary pay scales of E1A, E2A for JTO/JAOs, SDE/AOs and
equivalent cadres up to SGJAG as per the understanding reached between BSNL Management
and SNEA(I) on 18th & 19th March, 2014 reg – for letter Visit Circle site
GS writes to Director HR regarding the Sympathetic consideration of the pay anomaly of TTAs
recruited as JTOs in 2009 as Departmental Outsider in the Direct Recruitment
DPE out rightly rejects the proposal sent by DOT recently to allow BSNL to introduce replacement scales of E1A and E2A for JTO/JAOs and SDE/AOs in BSNL based on the decision of the BSNL Board.
This Association has had been having consistent interaction with the concerned officers in DPE for the last about three months to impress upon them and convince them not to take an exception to the proposal of DOT to allow BSNL to introduce non standard IDA replacement scales of E1A and E2A in BSNL for JTO/SDEs in the context of guidelines issued by DPE to all the CPSUs not to extend non standards IDA scales. DPE has further directed DOT to correct any aberration, if at all, in this regard.
With the rejection of proposal by DPE, our demand to extend standard IDA scales of E2 and E3 for JTO/JAOs and SDE/AOs gets strengthened since BSNL Management very recently during our organizational actions made a firm commitment to us that it will consider our demand of extending standard pay scales of E2 and E3 with an open mind in case DPE takes a contrary view to the decision of BSNL Board to allow extending replacement IDA scales of E1A and E2A to JTOs, SDEs etc. This is a very positive development and surely brings us closer to resolution of our demand of extending standard pay scales of E2 and E3 for JTOs, SDEs etc.
This Association has had series of discussions with concerned officers in DPE on this issue. CHQ president and GS had a detailed discussion on this issue with Secy/DPE and JtSecy/DPE nearly three months before and succeeded in impressing upon them to reiterate to DOT that BSNL must switch over to standard IDA scales approved by Govt. based on the recommendations of 2nd PRC and immediately correct any anomalous situation that prevails in BSNL with regard to existence of non standard IDA scales. This is a big milestone as far as resolving the issue of extending standard scales of E2 and E3 to JTO/JAOs, SDE/AOs etc is concerned and gives us huge strategic leverage to get the issue resolved.
Implementation of standard pay scales of E2, E3 etc in BSNL
GS writes to Secretary / DPE seeking expeditious intervention to reiterate repeated instructions of DPE to administrative ministries to switch over to standard IDA pay scales from intermediary pay scales to DoT in the context of the proposal sent by it to DPE recently to allow it to continue with intermediary IDA pay scales of E1A and E2A in BSNL. View Letter Copy.
GS writes to Management on important resolutions of CWC Jaipur:
1.Resolution on replacing non standard IDA pay scales by standard IDA scales.
2.Resolution on abnormal delay in switching over to mechanism of CPSU cadre hierarchy.
3.Resolution adopted by CWC on 30% superannuation benefits.
4.Resolution adopted by CWC on generalization of FR 22 1 (A) 1 in regard to officiating JTOs.
The Special General body meeting of SNEA (I), Dharmapuri was conducted on 03/06/2014 at Chandra hall, Dharmapuri in a grand manner. Com.K.Vithyasagar Dist.President headed the meeting. Our com.M.GOPINATHAN Circle Secretary was addressed the meeting. During his addressing he explained the view regarding the financial viability , the growth of BSNL and strengthening of organisation. Com.B.Maheshkumar Dist.Secretary explained the resolutions taken in the Jaipur CWC meeting.Our DGM (admin& CM) Mr.P.Rdha participated the meeting and explained about growth of BSNL and he stressed that now the revenue is mainly depending on mobile section and we have to work hard to decrease the down time and to increase the network availability time. Com.K.Nanjundan CEC member, Com.Voomai.Jayaraman Circle finance secretary, Com.M.R.Thiyagarajan Dist.Secretary SNEA (I), Salem, Com.Sekar Dist.Treasurer Salem ,Com D.Jayaprakash Special invitee SNEA(I), Com A.Ramalingam Cicle Organising secretary SNEA(I) and Com.M.Rajeshkumar Dist.Secretary SNATTA had given their valuable speech. VIEW GLIMPSE OF PHOTOS
It is Proposed to Conduct Special General Body Meeting on 03/06/2014. All members and Office bearers of SNEA (I),Dharmapuri have to attend without fail. Our com.M.GOPINATHAN Circle Secretary is addressing in that meeting.View Letter specialGB
SNEA(I) Dharmapuri welcomes
New CGM TN Circle
and New CGM STR
We wish both officers all success in their new assignments.
INCREMENTS FOR OFFICIATING SPELLS for JTOs:
As per the latest order of Hon. Prin. Bench CAT / Delhi, JTOs can get arrears for increments earned during their officiating periods. In this regard our Circle office has issued clarification on 16-04-14 and it is available in the Circle Intranet. Now JTOs can represent to their SSA Head and get arrears. Difficulties faced if any may be brought to the knowledge of DS.
HAVE YOU GIVEN THE MEMBERSHIP FORMS?
IF NOT, DO IT IMMEDIATELY AND SUBMIT THE SAME BEFORE 30/04/2014.
For the Kind Attention of all Branch Treasurers.
Please collect and clear the following Immediately.1) District, Circle & CHQ Quota up to Date.
2) All pending Legal fund,Rs.100/= Circle Donation,Building Fund, 78.2% Donation etc.as per our CEC & CWC Decision.
18-03-2014 Relay hunger strike deferred
GS, President and both AGSs had meeting with CMD/BSNL and DIR(HR) on the ongoing agitation notice served by SNEA (I) on various HR issues and issues related to the viability of BSNL. GM(SR) and DGM(SR) also present in the meeting. The response from CMD and DIR(HR) was very positive in resolving the issues through mutual discussions. The following issues were discussed in detail and remaining HR issues like standard pay scales, promotions in different cadres and Pay anomalies will be discussed in presence of the concerned nodal GMs tomorrow at 12.30 PM.
1. BSNL/ MTNL merger: Assn mentioned that before taking any decision on merger, issues like market liability of MTNL, disinvestment of MTNL and HR related issues to be sorted out. CMD categorically assured that BSNL will not go ahead with merger unless and until the 10 to 15 identified issues related to merger are resolved to the satisfaction of all stakeholders. In fact BSNL has listed out the issues and discussing it with the administrative ministry and working on it. He appreciated the concern of the leaders and members of SNEA(I) on the issue but assured us that merger will take place only after the related issues are addressed.
2. Formation of subsidiary for towers and land banks: Assn pointed out that subsidiary formation will lead to disinvestment and no way it will help BSNL as the decision making and other aspects will be the same. CMD informed that BSNL Board has not taken any formal decision to form subsidiary company. But there is a need for BSNL to infuse the capital for expanding the network even if we want to continue our existing growth. Now we are running on cash deficit. Govt. may not be in a position to bail out BSNL like Air India or ITI as it requires huge amount to the tune of 25,000 to 40,000 crores. We have to find ways to finance the company, besides providing good services, in order to keep pace with the competitive market. Finally CMD assured that Mgt will share all the details regarding the tower subsidiary formation within a couple of days with the Association.
3. Implementation of Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy: Mgt informed that as assured earlier, Mgt side had made some proposal on 14th March. It will be further discussed in the Committee. Assn agreed to have further discussion on the proposal in the committee.
4. 30% superannuation benefits to BSNL directly recruited employees: BSNL Mgt informed that a high level committee is examining the issue further. The HLC will seek the opinion of the assn also before taking a decision. The HLC already invited the Forum for a discussion on 14.03.2014. Further action will be expedited.
5. Pension contribution on actual of basic instead of maximum of the pay scale: Assn informed the recent development on this issue and our meeting the Sri Narayana Samy, Hon MOS for Personnel, JT Sec/DoPT and Jt Sec/DoP&PW in this regard. Secretary/DoT and JKt Sec/DoT assured us that the matter will be once again taken up with DoPT and DoE. CMD assured to pursue the matter in DoT.
6. Strategy to counter Reliance JIO:
After listening to our concerns on the issue, CMD informed that BSNL Mgt is working out on it and it is premature to reach a conclusion on the impact of Relaince –Jio on BSNL. We have to improve the existing services like 3G, FTTH and Broadband. On implementation of NGN switch, we can work out on Fixed Mobile convergence. He welcomed the suggestions from the Assn on this subject.
After very fruitful discussion on the above issues, it is decided to continue the discussion on the remaining HR issues tomorrow. At the end of the discussion, CMD and DIR(HR) appealed to withdraw the agitation with assurance to resolve the issues through mutual discussions. Considering the very positive response from both CMD and DIR(HR) in resolving the issues through mutual discussions, Assn decided to defer the “Relay hunger strike from tomorrow, 19th March, 2014”. Discussion will continue with DIR(HR) in presence of concerned GMs tomorrow at 12.30 PM
Dear Comrades,Make Extensive Preparations to Achieve 10 point program Relay Hunger Strike from 19th to 21st March, 2014
It is proposed to conduct the First CEC Meeting of Our SNEA(I),TN Circle on 10-05-14 at CHENNAI.
THE DHARNA HELD BY OUR SNEA(I) COMRADES TODAY ECHOED THROUGH OUT THE COUNTRY. SNEA(I),TN CIRCLE CONGRATULATES ONE AND ALL FOR THEIR ENTHUSIASTIC PARTICIPATION IN ALL THE PARTS OF THE STATE.
Historical event of lunch hour demonstration was conducted in front of the GM office, Dharmapuri. Every member participated in very Enthusiastic manner. It is conducted under the leadership Com K.Vithya Sagar Dist.President and in the presence of Com.K.Nanjundan CEC member, Com K.J.Kishore kumar CWC member Com.Voomai.Jayaraman CFS & our senior comrade Sri. P.Radha . District Secretary Com.B.Maheshkumar welcome all the comrades. Participated leaders explained about the Demands. The demonstration was well organized by Com.T.P.SampthKumar JDS, all Dist.Office bearers, Branch secretaries and our beloved members. Finally Vote of Thanks was given by Com. L. Vekat Ragavan Branch Secretary G.M.Office Branch.
JTO Officiating arrangements for qualified and JTO Phase I training completed TTAs / Officials:
On our request to CGMT / TN Circle on 07-02-2014 to provide officiating arrangements in the cadre of JTO to the remaining screening test qualified and JTO Phase I trained TTAs / officials, the CGMT office has conveyed the approval for officiating arrangements of TTA to JTO Officiating for the qualified TTAs and completed JTO Phase I Training, within the JTO sanctioned posts of the SSA. SNEA(I) / TN Circle extends its thanks to the CGMT / TN Circle and the administration. All DSs are requested to look in to the matter and discuss with the administration at SSA level.
Today our CHQ has announced T U PROGRAM as per PATNA CWC Decision with 6 POINT DEMANDS. We have to mobilize all the members irrespective of Associations,since the Demands are Common to all Executives... PLAN & ACT FROM TODAY ONWARDS...FINAL VICTORY IS OURS AND IT IS VERY NEARER TOO. - CS/TN.
SNEA(I) served notice for Trade Union actions on 10.02.14.
Start grass root level preparations.
1) Replace existing non standard pay scales by standard pay scales of E2, E3, E4 etc for JTO/JAOs, SDE/AOs and equivalent cadres up to SGJAG.No demotion of the basic cadres JTO/JAO, SDE / AO.
2) Implement Time Bound Functional promotion between 4 to 6 years as per the terms and conditions for absorption in BSNL analogous to CPSU cadre hierarchy with first Time Bound promotion uniformly after 4 years w.e.f 01.10.2000.
3) 30% superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited employees as per the agreement between the Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations and the BSNL Mgt on 12.06.2012.
4) Promotion from JTO(T) to SDE(T) under 67% quota for the vacancy years 2009-10 onwards, JAO to AO promotions, holding of LDCE from JTO(T) to SDE(T) against 33% quota for the vacancy years 2010-11 onwards, SDE to DE promotions in all streams, DE to DGM promotions.
5) Settlement of long pending pay anomalies i) Pay protection during officiating promotion till the implementation of TBP ii) Antedating of increment iii) Senior drawing less pay than Junior after promotions.
6) Increase the number of Management Trainees (Intl) from the proposed 150 to a minimum of 300 and take expeditious action to complete the recruitment process.
Trade Union Programmes:
25.02.2014: Lunch Hour Demonstration at CHQ, CIR/SSA HQs.
06.03.2014: Full Day DHARNA at CHQ, CIRCLE / SSA HQs.
to RELAY HUNGER STRIKE at CHQ, CIR / SSA HQs.
OUR SINCERE THANKS TO Com.P.SUDHAKAR REDDY(JTO-BSS) HOSUR,DPI SSA, (NOW TRANSFERRED TO AP CIRCLE).
WHO HAS DONATED Rs.5000/= TO OUR SNEA(I).
REGARDS FROM SNEA(I) DHARMAPURI SSA.
Singular, exclusive, tireless and spectacular role of SNEA(I) in surrender of obsolete BWA spectrum band by BSNL and refund of spectrum charges by Government.
What BSNL Management ought to have done was remarkably and incredibly done by SNEA(I) when in October, 2010 it brought to the notice of then Secy/DOT, Sh R. Chandrashekar, that BSNL having paid market value of Rs 8000 crores has been allocated an obsolete BWA spectrum band having no business utility since the band that BSNL has been allocated a band which lacks the flexibility of switching over to LTE platform and also economies of scale since international telecom gear manufacturers do not manufacture equipment in this redundant band.
Secy/DOT blatantly refused to acknowledge our statement of facts. However when we persisted, Secy/DOT summoned Wireless Advisor/DOT to ascertain facts. Secy/DOT was taken aback completely when Wireless Advisor endorsed what we said about redundancy of BWA spectrum band allocated to BSNL. Secy/DOT found it very hard to believe since BSNL Management never brought this important issue to his notice.
However, thereafter Secy/DOT advised us to create sufficient pressure on BSNL Management to force them to decide to surrender this obsolete spectrum band and seek refund of BWA spectrum fees paid by BSNL at market value.
And thus was the issue of refund of BWA spectrum fees to BSNL by Govt. born and with that started our tireless struggle to force BSNL Management to decide to surrender this spectrum band and seek its refund from Govt. But BSNL management was defiant and unrelenting to surrender this redundant spectrum band despite our persistent efforts. It was only when present CMD took over in April, 2011 that we found some response from him to consider surrender of BWA spectrum band and seek refund of BWA spectrum fees.
Thus the issue of surrender of BWA spectrum band and seek the refund of BWA spectrum fees was born just because of singular, tireless and spectacular intervention of this Association and the end result of this untiring and exclusive struggle of this Association today culminated in the decision of the Union Cabinet to refund BWA spectrum charges to both BSNL and MTNL. This is truly historical as far as role of SNEA(I) in securing refund of BWA spectrum is concerned.
Kindly visit following letters written by us to recollect facts.
Our struggle on this issue also reminds us how we fought against the decision of former telecom minister, Sh. A.Raja, to cancel tender for procurement of 45.5 million equipment of GSM in 2007. Also our exclusive action of filing a Writ Petition in Delhi High Court in Nov,2011 challenging providing of 3G services illegitimately by private operators through ICR pacts which were forbidden by policy. When our WP was admitted by Delhi High Court and notices were issues to DOT, then only DOT swung into action and issued notices to private operators restraining them from providing of 3G services through illegal ICR pacts. Today the issue is in Supreme Court only and only because we filed WP in Delhi HC in NOV 2011 forcing DOT to act against these operators by issuing notices to them since providing of pan india 3G services is exclusive domain of BSNL. SNEA letter to Hon MPs on 04.11.2011 SNEA letter to MOC on 22.04.2013 SNEA memorandum to GoM on 05.05.2013
- Our letter SNEA(I)/CHQ/Hon MOC&IT/2/2-11 dated 2nd Feb, 2011 addressed to Sh. Kapil Sibal.
- Our letter SNEA(I)/CHQ/Hon MOC&IT/4/3-11 dated 17th March, 2011 addressed to Sh. Kapil Sibal.
- Our letter SNEA(I)/CHQ/Honble MPs/2/11-11 dated 4th Nov, 11 to MPs of consultative committee of telecom.
- Our letter SNEA(I)/CHQ/MOC&IT/2012-14 dated 22nd April, 2013 addressed to Sh.Kapil Sibal.
- Our memorandum CHQ/GOM/2012-14/01 dated 5th May, 2013 addressed to Chairman EGOM, Sh.P. Chidabaram.
MAMMOTH MASS MEETINGS IN TAMILNADU.....
ON BEHALF OF SNEA(I) TN CIRCLE & CHTD, IT IS DECIDED TO HOLD GRAND GALA MASS MEETING REGARDING MEMBERSHIP VERIFICATION IN FRONT OF NEW CGMT / TAMILNADU CIRCLE BUILDING AT 16, GREAMS ROAD, CHENNAI ON 25-01-2014 IN WHICH OUR BELOVED LEADERSCOM.G.L.JOGI,AI PRESIDENT, COM.K.SEBASTIN, GENERAL SECRETARY,COM.W.SESHAGRI RAO VETERAN LEADER ARE GOING TO DELIVER THEIR VALUABLE SPECIAL ADDRESS.
A DELIGHTFUL YOUTH SEMINAR ON REVIVAL OF BSNL AT SALEM ON 30-01-2014 IS ARRANGED, EXCLUSIVELY FOR OUR YOUNG COMRADES...DETAILED ANALYSIS WILL BE HELD TO INCREASE THE REVENUE GROWTH IN EB / LEASED CIRCUITS / BROAD BAND / IMPCS AND FM SALES, FOLLOWED BY INTERACTIVE SESSION WITH OUR EXPERTS. PARTICIPANTS CAN AVAIL SPECIAL CL FOR THE SEMINAR ON 30-01-14. ALL ARE WELCOME.DETAILED POSTER WILL BE UPLOADED SOON.
Congratulations!!! It is understood that today BSNL Board approved the proposal to amend BSNLMS RR 2009 to increase the Regular STS quota from 50% to 75% (3978 posts) by ending decade old adhocism. SNEA(I) was making all out efforts for the last few years to end the adhocism by increasing the regular STS quota and reserving fixed no of posts(1325) for MT recruitment. In the meeting between SNEA(I) and CMD/BSNL on 20.08.2013, CMD accepted the demand and acted swiftly to get the amendment at the earliest. Last Board meeting, the matter was deferred due to some serious objections from some Board members. Last week we met all the Board members especially Additional Secretary DOT and DDG / TPF again and explained the issue and requested to clear the proposal in todays Board meeting. This amendment will pave the way for further career progression of the Executives in the long run. Comrades, this is a great breakthrough. We are extremely thankful to Sri R. K. Upadhay, CMD/BSNL, Sri A N Rai, DIR(EB/HR), all other BSNL Board directors, GM(Pers) / Addl GM(Pers) etc for this amendment.
This is really a new year gift to BSNL Executives.
United Forum of BSNL Executives Association(SNEA(I), AIBSNLEA & AIGETOA) writes to Sri. R.K. Upadhyay, CMD, BSNL regarding non-resolution of long pending HR issues of BSNL Executives like standard pay scales of E2, E3 etc, introduction of CPSU cadre hierarchy and beach of agreement reached between the United Forum of BSNL Executives Association and BSNL Management on 14.02.2012 leading to large scale resentment and demotivation among the Executives liable to retard the growth of the Company.
view:UF letter to CMD/BSNL
View Circle office orders:
View Circle office / Corporate Office orders:
United Forum of BSNL Executives Associations meeting: United Forum leaders of BSNL Executive Associations meeting discussed non settlement of the long pending issues of a) standard pay scales of E2, E3, E4 etc to end the pay anomaly of JTO/JAOs recruited after 01.01.2007 and b) Time Bound Functional promotion/CPSU cadre hierarchy even after formation of Joint Committee almost two years back. BSNL Management assured that the committee will submit its report within 6 months but the fact is that the committee not met and discussed the pay scale issue even once in the last one year and nine months period. Similarly in the demand for CPSU cadre hierarchy, the committee met few occasions, but no further meeting took place. This shows that the Management is not at all serious in settling these two important issues affecting the entire Executives in BSNL. United Forum strongly resented and decided to protest in writing and meet the CMD BSNL & Directors of BSNL Board to convey the protest and resentment among the Executives. In case the management not taking immediate actions to resolve the above issues, United Forum will further resume the deferred agitation programme.
JTO to SDE promotion: GS had a detailed discussion with GM(Pers) regarding JTO to SDE DPC, filing of reply in Hon CAT, Ernakulam etc. Addl GM(Pers) and AGM(Pers II) was also present.
The soft copy of the assessment sheets are not received from AS, NE I, NE II and UKD Circles which is delaying the compilation of assessment reports from Circles. CSs of these Circles are requested to send the send the soft copy (Excel format) to AGM, Pers II by email.
Comrades, Assn will not be reporting much on JTO to SDE promotion in the website due to the litigations.
BSNL Board meeting on 18.12.2013: Two important issues namely a) amendment to BSNLMS RR to enhance the STS Regular posts from 50% to 75% by keeping 1325 posts reserved for MTs and b) Rules for Membership verification among Executives’ Associations are included as agenda in the Board meeting:GS and President met Sri R K Upadhayay, CMD, BSNL, Sri A N Rai, DIR(HR/EB), Sri N K Gupta, DIR(CFA), Sri Anupam Shrivatava, DIR(CM) and Sri Shahbaz Ali, DDG/TPF and BSNL Board Member and requested to clear both the proposals positively on tomorrows BSNL Board meeting.
GSs of SNEA(I), AIBSNLEA and AIGETOA decided to meet tomorrow, 18.12.2013 to discuss the Joint committee meetings regarding a) Standard pay scales of E2, E3 etc and b) Implementation of Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy.
DE[NW CFA] Dharmapuri- Com.M.Maheswaran's brother expired today at Kolathur - Pannavadi road (12KM away from Metturdam). Funeral on 16th 12noon. On behalf of SNEA(I), DPI SSA, we pay our deepest condolence to his family members.
Registration of digital Signature of BSNL establishments in EPFO for speedy settlement of EPF transfer claims reg :From the first week of October 2013, EPFO has launched its Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) for online submission of transfer claims to minimise the delay in transfer of EPF account of officials on transfer / job change. In order to attest and forward the online claims submitted by such employees / ex-employees, the Employer (BSNL) has to register the digital signatures (Class II or above) of their authorised signatories on EPFO.
The Pay of all the JTOs of 2005 batch who joined after 01-01-2007 may be fixed at R.22820/- on date of joining the post of JTO as a special case in order to remove the disparity of pay between the JTOs of 2005 batch who joined before 01-01-2007 and who joined after 01-01-2007. How ever no arrears will be paid for the period 01-01-2007 to 09-06-2013 as in the case of JTOs of 2005 batch who joined before 01-01-2007.
For corporate office order see www.sneatn.com
On 07/12/2013 our District body meet the Administration and discussed the following matters
Human resources in our SSA is to be effectively utilized in order to Achive the our SSA revenue target.Our CGM also stressed the Revenue improvement of our SSA. Officers and Staff in all level is to be effectively distributed and to be utilized. To decrease the infra failure of the Cell site, more technical assistance is to be given to Cm-Infra team.And to strengthen the Hosur Transmission wing additional technical assistance is to be given.
And we asked Enhancement of kilometers for the CM infra hired vehicles. the administration said that after getting the prior approval from the administration, it will be allotted on need basis. we asked the one vehicle for EB wing Hosur for improving the Corporate business and meeting the premium subscribers.administration said that the matter will be taken in to consideration.
we asked one AGM for EB section.Since now days business is growing in industrial areas rapidly. So it is much necessary to put Separate AGM for EB wing to catch more premium subscribers.
The Administration told that all the matter is to be considered positively.
The newly selected District body of SNEA (I), Dhamapuri met General Manager , Dharmapuri on 28/11/2013. And the New body was introduced to him. view photos.
The Annual general body meeting of SNEA(I) / Dharmapuri SSA was convened on 23-11-2013 at Ruby Hall, RKV HOTEL, Krishnagiri. In the presence of Com.S.Sundarakrishnan, Circle President, Com.M.Gopinathan, Circle secretary, Com.R.Rajan, CHQ Treasurer, Com.V. Jayaraman, Circle Finance Secretary, Com.T.K.Senthoor Pandian, COS, Com.P.Loganathan, COS, Com.K.J.Kishore Kumar, CWC Member, Special Invitee Com. R.Muthiyal and Com.K.V.Ganesh, DS / Coonnoor SSA our senior comrade M.Rajagopal hoisted the National flag and Com.K.Nanjundan District president hoisted the SNEA(I) flag. District president Com.K.Nanjundan, presided over the 5thAnnual general body meeting and also the
Open house Session. Com. K.Vithyasagar welcomed the gathering. Com.M.Gopinathan, CS inaugurated the AGB and Com.Voomai Jayaraman, CFS inaugurated the Open house Session. Com.K.Vithyasagar, District Secretary presented the Annual report and Com.Suganthi Baskaran presented the financial report.
Com.R.Rajan, CHQ Treasurer, Com.S.Sundarakrishnan, Circle President, Com.M.Gopinathan, Circle secretary, Com.V. Jayaraman, Circle Finance Secretary, Com.T.K.Senthoor Pandian, COS, Com.P.Loganathan, COS, Com.K.J.Kishore Kumar, CWC Member, Special Invitee Com. R.Muthiyal and Com.K.V.Ganesh, DS / Coonnoor SSA participated and addressed the gathering. District Secretaries of sister Association and Trade unions also felicitated the AGB meeting. From the SSA administration Shri.P.Radha, DGM / Admin. participated in the seminar and addressed the house. In his address he requested to reduce the down time of BTSs which is drastically affecting the revenue growth. Further he insisted to provide quality service to subscribers, to improve Wimax Service and also to achieve 100 days programme target.
High light of the Open house session is participation of eminent and leading educationalist, industrialist and Social worker.Dr.P.Selvam, M.A., B.Ed., M.Phil, Ph.D., D Litt., Chairman, P.S.V.Groups of Collegesstressed in his address that services should not be tailor made, it should satisfy the requirement of the subscriber. Though he is getting very good response from BSNL, still some requirements are yet to be settled by BSNL. He informed that though several private operators are approaching on daily basis for the switch over from BSNL, he will not move from BSNL since it is a Govt. company and he is having faith on BSNL. He advised that we should not feel our self that we are giving satisfactory service to the customers, if we think so then from that spot our declination will start. For providing quality service to customers there should not be any limit. Shri.J.Natarajan, MD, Arya Bhavan Hotels and Sweets & President Hotel Owners Association in his address mentioned that he is having close and sweet relationship with our staff from NUMBER PLEASE ERA. He mentioned that during 1972 only one Arya Bhavan and very few hotels were did business at Krishnagiri but now in and around more than 60 Hotels are there. We are still sustaining for 41 years only by maintaining quality,good service to customers and also by increasing franchisee ship. By increasing franchisee ship at potential areas only we can survive, this will match for BSNL also. We are having trust on BSNL which is a Govt company serving for the public, without letting down our hope and trust you all should work hard. For providing quality service. Shri.G.S.Lakshmi Narayanan, Secretary, Guru Seva Trust, Krishnagiri who is a social worker and also a humorist requested to do the work with satisfaction and love. Patriotism should also be there, so that people are still sticking with BSNL. Good Service should be delivered not only for eminent people and businessmen; it should be delivered to ordinary lay man also. This is the time to correct our self, every individual has to correct them self. He insisted that we should introspect our self and informed that Life is a Camera, face it with smile.
In the afternoon session Our Veteran Leader of Dharmapuri SSA Com.T.Vediappan, DGM, Com.R.Chinnsay, SDE, Com.D.Subramanian, SDE, Com.V.Murthy, SDE, and Com.Dhanapal Durai Singh were felicitated on their retirement on superannuation. Com.C.P.Manas, Ex. Joint DS, Dharmapuri SSA who is working at Malapuram, Kerala on his request was given a warm farewell. Dharmapuri SSA is of unique nature where all young comrades are members of our association. Com.R.Rajan, CHQ Treasurer explained in depth the role of SNEA(I) in settling their genuine grievances.
The following were unanimously elected as new office bearers.
President : Com K.Vithyasagar, AGM.
Secretary : Com B.Mahesh Kumar, SDE
Treasurer : Com Suganthi Baskaran AGM
CEC Member : Com.K.Nanjundan, DE
Com.B.Mahesh Kumar and his young team made excellent arrangements for the AGB meeting at Krishnagiri.
Com.B.Mahesh Kumar rendered vote of thanks.